Duties and responsibilities:
A sourcing coordinator will be in charge of managing a company’s supply levels. You will review current stock and pending projects and determine what should be purchased, how much should be purchased, and what vendor to use. This is a highly analytical role which will require you to manage a budget and keep spending in check. Will also require working very closely with cross-functional partners to ensure timely and accurate tracking of cost supplies.
- Interacting with raw material and component suppliers
- Work with Strategic Sourcing and Project Manager on tactical & strategic opportunities
- Full ownership of supply process and ability to proactively follow-up and follow through with purchasing, fulfillment and coordination of materials.
- Facilitate RFI/RFQs for components, as needed
- Assist with reporting, tracking and leading cost savings opportunities
- Heavy Excel reporting & management
- Will report to and assist Project Manager with sourcing and other project priorities
- Inspect/QC merchandise for damage, flaws and irregularities
- Organize, inspect and keep record of incoming shipments
- Finalize work order and update database – Familiarity with Shopify
- Adhere to all company policies procedures & safety standards.
- Be flexible in performing other responsibilities as needed
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Supply chain or procurement experience is preferred
- Previous experience working in Factory or Production environment a plus
- Internet and MS Office Suite proficiency is preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel required
- Strong organizational skills and relationship management required